Concentric Sky is looking for excellent people to add to our team!
We are looking for intelligent people who are passionate about technology, detail oriented, and capable of working in a fast paced and collaborative environment.
Concentric Sky develops web and mobile applications for clients in various sectors from education to industry to incubators. We have an amazing team of more than 70 highly skilled technical professionals. We are a collaborative group of relaxed, cool people who share a love for technology and the positive impact it's having on our world. We offer a fantastic work environment with lots of perks, flexibility, freedom, and a full benefits package. See why we love Concentric Sky.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Test Engineer to develop and execute test cases, and perform exploratory testing in order to ensure product quality.
The QA Test Engineer effectively optimizes and expands our testing tools and libraries, searching for ways to improve software quality and automated testing through process, industry standard tools, and partnerships. Tasks include estimating, planning, and coordinating testing activities. In addition, the QA Test Engineer also ensures that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our issue tracking system.
This role requires a balance of technical testing expertise and superb communication and teamwork capability.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Work closely with project managers, systems engineers, and software engineers to identify and isolate issues
- Continually increase the test coverage of system, functional, stress, and performance tests
- Ensure all issues found are correctly documented and resolved
- Have a solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and database design
- 3+ years experience in quality engineering and software test development
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in designing, writing, and implementing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and software testing strategies
- Hands-on experience testing both web applications and mobile apps
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity with common issue tracking tools (i.e. JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Experience with virtual machines
- Strong background in system and application level testing
- Working knowledge of networking essentials
- Experience testing client and server applications
- Expert troubleshooting and reasoning skills
- Good understanding of test automation in regards to black box and white box testing
- Self-Starter - ability to quickly learn new tools and products
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all project roles, across multiple project teams
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities
- Excellent time management skills to multi-task across multiple projects and releases simultaneously
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States (citizenship, green card, visa, etc)
- Position is located in Eugene, OR
Strong Plus / Success factors:
- Experience with automated testing tools and continuous integration such as JUnit, NUnit, FitNesse, Selenium, CruiseControl, and Ant
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance, load, and/or security testing
- Ability to accurately identify real world software use cases
- Have a passion for software quality and enjoy partnering with developers to solve issues and create solutions
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is based on your experience. We offer great perks and benefits including a fully stocked snack kitchen, kegerator, lunch delivery, tech toys, generously flexible work schedules, paid time off, excellent health, dental, and vision insurance plans, a 401k, and an FSA!
If you are an innovator and want an excellent opportunity to put your skills to work, learn some new ones, and be part of a cutting-edge team, please send us your resume. No phone calls please.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Concentric Sky, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.