Concentric Sky is looking for excellent people to add to our team!
We are looking for intelligent people who are passionate about technology, detail oriented, and capable of working in a fast paced and collaborative environment.
Concentric Sky provides high-end enterprise, web and mobile application development. We have an amazing team of more than 70 highly skilled technology professionals. We are a collaborative group of relaxed, cool people who share a love for technology and the positive impact it's having on our world. We offer a fantastic work environment with lots of perks, flexibility, freedom, and a full benefits package. See why we love Concentric Sky.
QA Manager Job Overview:
We're looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Manager who can oversee, optimize and expand our testing tools and libraries; searching for ways to improve software quality and automated testing through process, tooling, and partnerships. Our QA Manager will effectively communicate with team members and management to coordinate software releases to help us deliver on our quality commitments. This role requires a balance of technical testing expertise with superb communication and teamwork skills. Responsibilities, requirements, and success factors appear below.
- Set milestones, estimates, and prioritize assigned tasks for multiple projects
- Work closely with project managers and engineers to identify and isolate issues
- Continually increase the test coverage of System, Functional, Stress, and Performance tests
- Perform hands-on testing
- Ensure all defects found are correctly documented and resolved
- When necessary, be capable of quickly pulling a team together for large projects.Have a solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Database design
- Must be a conscientious team player with a *can-do* attitude
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States (citizenship, green card, visa, etc)
- Position is located in Eugene, OR
- At least 1+ years in leadership capacity
- 3+ years experience in quality engineering and software test development
- Hands-on experience writing software test plans, test scripts, and designing and implementing software testing strategies
- Experience with virtual machines
- Strong background in regards to system and application level testing
- Working knowledge of networking essentials
- Good understanding and sufficient testing experience of client and server applications
- Expert troubleshooting and reasoning skills
- Proficiency with SQA concepts, methods & experience in creating test plans (white box, and black box), reviewing test cases, driving test team, resolving issues, etc.
- Good understanding of test automation in regards to black box and white box testing
Strong plus / Success factors:
- Mobile testing experience is a strong plus (Android, iPhone/iPad, BlackBerry, Windows Phone)
- Experience with automated testing tools and continuous integration such as JUnit, NUnit, FitNesse, Selenium, CruiseControl, and Ant
- Ability to accurately identify real world software use cases
- Self-Starter - ability to quickly learn new tools and products
- Have a passion for software quality and enjoy partnering with developers to solve issues and create solutions
- Excellent time management skills to multi-task across multiple simultaneous projects, tasks, product releases
- Action-oriented, detail centric, quality minded, have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills and ability to collaborate with others and handle multiple tasks
- Have a passion for software quality and take ownership of your work quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as exemplified by clear issue explanations, documentation and effective intra- and inter-group communications
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is based on your experience. We offer great perks and benefits including a fully stocked snack kitchen, kegerator, lunch delivery, tech toys, generously flexible work schedules, paid time off, excellent health, dental, and vision insurance plans, a 401k, and an FSA!
If you are an innovator and want an excellent opportunity to put your skills to work, learn some new ones, and be part of a cutting-edge team, please send us your resume. No phone calls please.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Concentric Sky, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.