Concentric Sky is looking for excellent people to add to our team!
We are looking for intelligent people who are passionate about technology; highly detail oriented and can work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Concentric Sky provides high-end enterprise, web and mobile application development and has a talent pool of over 50 highly skilled technology professionals. We are a collaborative group of relaxed, cool people who share a love of technology. We offer a fantastic work environment with lots of perks, flexibility, freedom, and a full benefits package. See the Reasons Why People Like to Work at Concentric Sky.
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our established design team. As a UI/UX Designer at Concentric Sky, you will be responsible for translating ideas and concepts into inspiring and engaging solutions. You’ll be working with other designers, front-end developers, and engineers under the direction of the project Art Director. We are looking for people who are passionate about design and eager to collaborate with other individuals to solve problems. Attention to detail and ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standards is essential.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to establish a unique project vision and carry out researched, well-formed and aesthetic user-focused interfaces across multiple screens
- Work on up to 5 projects simultaneously while maintaining an eye for and an attention to detail at the macro- and micro-level
- Create user experience specifications, mockups, and prototypes
- Develop detailed UI specifications and design patterns
- Communicate ideas through flowcharts, mockups, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Manage design projects from inception to completion working with other designers and engineers
- Collaborate with project teams to create interfaces based on user feedback and best practices
- Construct application pages based on UI guidelines to ensure pages are standards-compliant, universally accessible, and cross-browser compatible
- Participate in research, planning, and brainstorming with development and project teams
- Must be a conscientious team player with a *can-do* attitude and ability to take ownership of your work quality
- 1-3 years' experience as a designer, information architect, visual designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Ability to communicate your ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Understand the user experience and the ability to analyze and test usability
- A great portfolio that demonstrates your design and front-end development skills
- Ability to rapidly prototype
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-Starter - ability to efficiently learn new tools and products
- Be able to quickly adapt to new technologies, frameworks and requirements
- Team player with proven ability to work with client or project teams
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States (citizenship, green card, visa, etc)
- Position is located in Eugene OR, sorry - no telecommuting
Strong plus / Success factors:
- Exposure to SCRUM and AGILE methodologies
- Experience designing for responsive websites
- Experience designing for mobile and tablet form factors
- Experience designing educational software, apps, or websites
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or AfterEffects)
- Proficiency with prototyping tools
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is based on your experience. We offer great perks, fun stuff and benefits including a fully stocked snack kitchen, Kegerator, lunch delivery, tech toys, generously flexible work schedules, paid time off, excellent health, dental and more on the way!
If you are an innovator and want an excellent opportunity to put your skills to work, learn some new ones, and be part of a cutting-edge development team, please send us your resume. No phone calls please.
If you feel you can contribute and excel as a member of our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Concentric Sky, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.