Concentric Sky is looking for excellent people to add to our team!
We are looking for intelligent people who are passionate about technology, highly detail-oriented, and can work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Concentric Sky provides high-end web and mobile application development for a variety of clients and has a talent pool of highly skilled technology professionals. We are a collaborative group of relaxed and interesting people, who share a love of technology. Project diversity keeps our work fresh and interesting, and we offer a fantastic work environment with lots of perks, flexibility, freedom, and a full benefits package.
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to identify, research, and implement a variety of technology solutions. The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the planning and implementation of internal systems infrastructure as well as client owned and cloud-based systems infrastructure. As Senior Systems Engineer, you will also mentor other System Engineers. The Senior Systems Engineer relies on extensive experience and judgment to succeed.
- At least 8 years of systems administration/engineering/integration experience demonstrating increasing responsibility
- At least 6 years demonstrated experience managing LAMP-like stacks
- 5 to 7 years enterprise-level IP networking experience; including but not limited to advanced firewall and router architectures
- 5 to 7 years experience designing and troubleshooting complex enterprise IP networks (Multi-WAN, Site-to-Site VPN, Multi-WLAN)
- 2 to 4 years experience leading highly technical teams and/or driving innovation
- 2 to 4 years of complex, technical project management experience
- Knowledge of at least two programming / scripting languages (e.g. (Python/Ruby/Java) (Perl/Bash))
- Knowledge of multiple automation frameworks (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFEngine, SaltStack)
- Excellent time management skills to multi-task across multiple simultaneous projects, tasks, product releases
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Self-Starter - ability to quickly learn new tools and products
- Action-oriented, detail centric, quality minded, have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills and ability to collaborate with others and handle multiple tasks
- Integrity and dedication to quality; take ownership of your work quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as exemplified by clear issue explanations, documentation and effective intra- and inter-group communications
- Experience with software development (candidate should be prepared to provide code examples and perform a skills demonstration)
- Identify company and customer needs and architect solutions; make recommendations and decisions where appropriate
- Architect and optimize the company’s various application stacks
- Architect, develop, deploy, and maintain the company’s network(s)
- Architect, develop, deploy, and maintain server and network security
- Architect, develop, deploy, and maintain the company’s backup needs
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, and usability
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation
- Mentor other System Engineers
- Provide backup user desktop support
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Position is located in Eugene OR, and requires daily (M-F) presence.
Strong plus / Success factors:
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Amazon Web Services
- CentOS 6.x/7.x
- Git Version Control
- IPSec VPNs
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers
- 802.1x / RADIUS / FreeRADIUS
- RDBMS Database Administration (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- NoSQL/Document Store database administration (CouchBase/MongoDB)
- Jira/Confluence/Stash/Bitbucket Administration
- Windows Server 2012 R2 / Active Directory administration
- Mac OSX
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is based on your experience. We offer great perks, fun stuff and benefits including a fully stocked snack kitchen, Kegerator, lunch delivery, tech toys, generously flexible work schedules, paid time off, excellent health, dental, 401k, and more!
If you are an innovator and want an excellent opportunity to put your skills to work, learn some new ones, and be part of a cutting-edge development team, please send us your resume. No phone calls please.
If you feel you can contribute and excel as a member of our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Concentric Sky, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.