Concentric Sky is looking for excellent people to add to our team!
We are looking for intelligent people who are passionate about technology, highly detail-oriented, and can work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Concentric Sky provides high-end web and mobile application development for a variety of clients and has a talent pool of highly skilled technology professionals. We are a collaborative group of relaxed and interesting people, who share a love of technology. Project diversity keeps our work fresh and interesting, and we offer a fantastic work environment with lots of perks, flexibility, freedom, and a full benefits package.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Test Engineer to develop and execute test cases, and perform exploratory testing in order to ensure product quality.
The QA Test Engineer effectively optimizes and expands our testing tools and libraries, searching for ways to improve software quality and automated testing through process, industry standard tools, and partnerships. Tasks include estimating, planning, and coordinating testing activities. In addition, the QA Test Engineer also ensures that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our issue tracking system.
This role requires a balance of technical testing expertise and superb communication and teamwork capability. Responsibilities, requirements, and success factors appear below.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, thoroughly document, and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Work closely with project managers and engineers to identify and isolate issues.
- Continually increase the test coverage of System, Functional, Stress, and Performance tests.
- Ensure all issues found are correctly documented and resolved.
- Have a solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and database design.
- Proven working experience in the software development industry.
- Proven working experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience testing both web applications and mobile apps.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Familiarity with common issue tracking tools (i.e. JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.).
- At least 1+ years as a Quality Assurance Project Lead.
- 3+ years experience in quality engineering and software test development.
- Hands-on experience writing software test plans, test scripts, and designing and implementing software testing strategies.
- Experience with virtual machines.
- Strong background in system and application level testing.
- Working knowledge of networking essentials.
- Experience testing client and server applications.
- Expert troubleshooting and reasoning skills.
- Proficiency with SQA concepts, methods & experience in creating test plans (white box, and black box), reviewing test cases, driving test team, resolving issues etc.
- Good understanding of test automation in regards to black box and white box testing.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all project roles, across multiple project teams.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States (citizenship, green card, visa, etc).
- Position is located in Eugene, OR. Sorry - no telecommuting.
Strong Plus / Success factors:
- Hands-on experience developing and maintaining automated tests.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience with performance, load, and/or security testing.
- Mobile testing experience is a strong plus (Android, iPhone/iPad, BlackBerry, Windows Phone).
- Experience with automated testing tools and continuous integration such as JUnit, NUnit, FitNesse, Selenium, CruiseControl, and Ant.
- Ability to accurately identify real world software use cases.
- Self-Starter - ability to quickly learn new tools and products.
- Have a passion for software quality and enjoy partnering with developers to solve issues and create solutions.
- Excellent time management skills to multi-task across multiple projects and releases simultaneously.
- Action-oriented, detail centric, and quality minded.
- Have a passion for software quality, taking ownership of your work quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as exemplified by clear issue explanations, documentation, and effective intra- and inter-group communications.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is based on your experience. We offer great perks, including a fully stocked snack kitchen, Kegerator, lunch delivery service, and a variety of tech toys. Our generous benefit package includes flexible work schedules, paid time off, excellent health and dental insurance, and a 401k.
If you are an innovator, looking for an exciting opportunity to put your skills to work, consider joining our cutting-edge team!
About Concentric Sky:
Concentric Sky was founded in 2005 and has developed partnerships with a number of major organizations including The World Bank, The UN, The NSF, National Geographic, Encyclopedia Britannica, and Cengage Learning. Located in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, Concentric Sky has grown steadily to a team of almost 60, and continues to attract top design and development talent through excellent project opportunities and an innovative and inspiring workplace.
Our work is featured on Apple's website as one of their "favorite apps for learning." Our award-winning app for Encyclopedia Britannica allowed the company to fully transition into the digital age. We're the only US development team certified to write code for the IETF. What we're trying to say is… we do awesome stuff!
If this sounds like your cup of tea, click "apply" and send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
No phone calls please.
Concentric Sky, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.